Monday, October 19, 2009

Coffee Culture

Another delayed update. This blog is so neglected because of the busy busy lifestyles of foreign English teachers. I either feel really behind or things are just moving so fast-paced here that you never really have a moment to just sit, take a breaher, and reflect. I feel like so much has happened since I have been in Korea. I've done a fair (although I feel like I need to do more) amount of sight seeing, ate an abundance of different Korean food, met people both native and foreign, as well immersed myself in the never ending night life. It's all been good fun.

One particular find is the unique coffee culture here in Korea. Coffee is pretty big in Korea and as the saying goes, "you know you are in Korea when you are willing to pay more for your coffee than your actual meal." While it's sometimes a bit pricey, I really enjoy going to them and relaxing there. It gives you that much needed slow down from the hustle and bustle of the city. I find most to be super duper cute and fun.

One unique place I went to very recently was a place in Gangnam. I forgot it's name already - but Diana and I went there with one purpose. To find the feet eating fish. Whaaat?? Well, at this coffee place, you can enjoy a cup of joe and unlimited fresh baked bread and, after paying an additional two dollars, you can soak your feet in warm water where little fishies play.

I guess you can think of it as a type of special exfoliator for your feet. The fishies come swim to your feet and you start feeling a ticklish little poke all over. That ticklish feeling is the fish are actually eating the dead skin off your feet. Kind of weird right? It was. But I guess it worked. 20 minutes later, my feet felt softer than usual. However, that may have been from the 20 minutes being soaked in water.

It was fun though and probably the most unique coffee shop adventure I have experienced. Now don't get me wrong, most coffee shops aren't as special as this place - most are pretty ordinary. But this one is one that really comes to mind.

Now if you are interested in this Dr. Fish therapy, my only advice is if you are ticklish ... don't do it!


COFFEE!


fishies that eat your feet!


it was really weird.


like really weird haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment