Sunday, August 23, 2009

Arrival!

I'm super tired from staying up all night to pack and then staying up for the majority of the 12 hour plane ride here...So I just wanted to say we made it here safe and sound :) I'll update this post later when I'm not so tired and I can upload pictures

[EDIT]
The morning was a little hectic because I just finished packing and on top of that doing super last minute errands (calling credit card companies so they wont think someone stole my identity, cashing checks, etc)
I left san diego around 9:30 am...had lunch in westminster and then finally made it to LAX around 12:30
I was really worried because I'm prettttty sure my check in bags were going to be heavier than the airline allowed..but luckily the guy who was checking in before me was still getting his luggage weighed/remeasured? and so I guess to speed things up the woman checking me in just weighed one of my bags (the lighter one) and then just gave me luggage tags for both :)
Then I was also worried because my carry on bag was huge and stuffed...but basically everything went smoothly at the airport...boarded the plane and had a smooth flight over to korea


Matty and me on the plane (I look like a mess)


So I brought some things (books, movies, etc) to keep myself entertained for the 12 hour flight..one of those things was my laptop BUT I was betting on the plane having power outlets (as many forms of public transportation usually do). However, after looking around we could not find any outlets! While looking through some of the magazines about the plane I saw that there was suppose to be an outlet every 2 seats so matty and I kept searching...I finally felt this bump underneath and between the seats but really couldn't tell if it was an outlet or not. So like a couple of creepers we put the camera underneath the chair and took a picture of it :P
yeah...we ended up not even using the laptop because the inflight entertainment was so...entertaining :)


This one's for Lina


Finally made it through all the airport check points and met our recruiters..then made my first purchase in korea! Water and pocari sweat :)


Too much luggage..


Craziness! Ran into another anteater :) which by the way, there are so many people from UCI here..it's kind of amazing :)


Some neat light thingy outside of the airport




Party bussss...it's not a party without lights and tassles.


After we loaded up all our stuff we made it to the university..pretty much just got my keys..tried to unpack..showered and fell asleep.
I'll update later about day one with more details about where we're staying
time to sleep more!
Oh! Matty is now also updating this blog as well :) I think I'll ask other people to post about their experience too if they want..but yeah for now theres the two of us (it says at the bottom of each post who the poster is) :]

1 comment:

  1. i see london. i see france. i see matty's underpants.

    diana...you're such a creeper!!!

    glad you guys made it to korea alright

    ReplyDelete