Friday, August 28, 2009

Moving to Kangdong-gu

Orientation is fast approaching its end. It seems like I just arrived here yesterday and I was starting to finally feel more settled and comfortable. Now, I have to move again. Even though I hate the packing and the idea of meeting my co-teacher (the Korean teacher I work with) scares me, I'm very excited to finally go out and about in Seoul and truly begin this adventure.

Although I'm bummed that I'm not in the same district as Diana, I am about one hour to one and a half hours away from her. It'll be interesting to see how we can meet up with all the other teachers we met since everyone is pretty spread out through Seoul.

So many things are on my mind about what to do ... money, teaching, impressions, favorable working relationships, language barriers, being able to survive, and feeling alone. I think anyone going through this experience must feel the same way at some point. Luckily, I do have a support system of people around me and a good network of friends (both Korean and foreign) who can help me during my time here.

This is definitely going to be a wild and crazy ride. Chun Dong Cho Deng Elementary - here i come!

P.S. I want to buy a cute, cheap puppy from Korea. In particular ... the one below:

No comments:

Post a Comment