Friday, August 28, 2009

humbled

I'm a bundle of emotions right now..I'm really excited to be finally moving into my place, to finally find out who my co-teacher is and what my school looks like.
At the same time I'm sad that all the other SMOE teachers I just started getting to know better and getting close to here will be spread out all over Seoul.
I feel like right now I'm not too worried because I feel like whatever will happen will happen, I just want to make the most of things right now and keep a positive mindset
I also have been feeling pretty selfish lately because I've been so caught up with where I'm going to live, what the area is going to be like...when in the end (as one of the guest speakers said to us) I'm here to teach. It's not about my experience, it's about what I'm going to do in the classroom (not that those other concerns aren't valid, I just don't think they should be in the forefront?).

Anywho those are just some thoughts for right now...I will try to update about orientation once I get a chance (don't worry there are lots of pictures to be posted!). I don't know exactly when that will be considering I have no idea when I'll have secure internet again but...we'll see! :) Dongjak-gu...here I come!

1 comment:

  1. oh man. so excited for you guys. can't wait to hear about your epic adventures. and, of course, make those kids know english better then me. i mean, look at this comment. no capitalization. a sentence fragment. and the use of the word "then" instead of "than" for comparison. epic fail

    ReplyDelete